- Salesforce.com, Inc. – Salesforce.com, Inc. is an American cloud based software company headquartered in San Francisco, California. The company was founded in March 1999 by former Oracle executive Marc Benioff, Parker Harris, Dave Moellenhoff, and Frank Dominguez as a company specializing in software as a service (SaaS). Harris, Moellenhoff, and Dominguez, three software developers previously at consulting firm Left Coast Software. Harris and team wrote the initial sales automation software, which launched to its first customers during Sept – Nov 1999. Though its revenue comes from a customer relationship management (CRM) product, Sales force also sells commercial applications of social networking through acquisition and internal development. In June 2004, the company’s initial public offering was listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the stock symbol customer relationship management (CRM) and raised US $110 million. In October 2017, Sales force launched a Face book Analytics tool for B2B marketers. In September 2018, Sales force partnered with Apple intended on improving apps for businesses.
2. Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc – Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc., formerly Hilton Hotels Corporation, is an American multinational hospitality company that manages and franchises a broad portfolio of hotels and resorts. Hilton was founded by Conrad Hilton in Cisco, Texas, in 1919 and had its headquarters in Beverly Hills, California, from 1969 until 2009. In August 2009, the company moved to Tysons Corner, unincorporated Fairfax County, Virginia, near McLean. The corporation is now led by Christopher J. Nassetta. As of September 2018, its portfolio includes more than 5500 properties (including timeshare properties) with over 894000 rooms in 109 countries and territories. Prior to their December 2013 IPO, Hilton was ranked as the 36th largest privately held company in the United States by Forbes. On December 12, 2013, Hilton again became a public company, raising an estimated $ 2.35 billion in its second IPO. At the time, The Blackstone Group held a 45.8 percent stake in the company. In October 2016, HNA Group agreed to acquire a 25 percent equity interest in Hilton from Blackstone. The transaction was expected to close in the first quarter of 2017. Hilton’s largest stock holders are HNA Group, Blackstone, and Wellington Management Group.
3. Mars, Inc – Mars is an American global manufacturer of confectionery, pet food and other food products and a provider of animal care services and is ranked as the 6th largest privately held company in the United States by Forbes. Mars was founded in 23 June 1911. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, United States, the company is entirely owned by the Mars family. Mars operates in five business segments around the world: Mars Wrigley Confectionary (headquartered in Chicago, Illinois with US headquarters in Hackettstown and Newark, New Jersey), Pet care (Brussels, Belgium, Poncitlán and Jalisco, Mexico, Querétaro, Mexico), Food (Rancho Dominguez, California), Drinks (West Chester, Pennsylvania), and Sym bio science (Germantown, Maryland), the company’s life sciences division.
4. Intuit Inc. – Intuit Inc. is a business and financial software company that develops and sells financial, accounting, and tax preparation software and related services for small businesses, accountants, and individuals. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, California. More than 95% of its revenues and earnings come from its activities within the United States. Intuit produces TurboTax, a consumer tax preparation application, the small business accounting program QuickBooks, professional tax solutions Pro Connect Tax Online, Pro Series and Lacerte and multiple pay roll products. In April 2016, Intuit completed the sale of its original flagship product, Quicken, to H.I.G. Capital. The company has offices in eight other countries around the world: UK, Australia, France, Singapore, India, Brazil, Canada, and Israel. The company was founded in 1983 by Scott Cook and Tom Proulx in Palo Alto, California. Intuit was founded in 1983 by Scott Cook and Tom Proulx. Intuit Inc went public in 1993.
5. The Adecco Group -The Adecco Group, based in Zurich, Switzerland, is the largest temp staffing firm in the world, and a Fortune Global 500 company. With more than 33000 FTE employees and around 5100 branches in over 60 countries and territories around the world, The Adecco Group offers a wide variety of services that include temporary staffing, permanent placement, career transition and talent development, as well as outsourcing and consulting. The Adecco Group key markets are France, North America, UK and Ireland, Japan, Germany, Austria, Italy, Benelux, Nordics, Iberia, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland. The company was formed in 1996 as a result of the merger of the French company Ecco and the Swiss company Adia Interim, and is listed on the Six Swiss Exchange. The Adecco Group provides services covering temporary staffing, permanent placement, career transition and talent development as well as business process outsourcing and consulting. As for staffing, The Adecco Group covers many sectors, including office, industrial, technical, financial and legal, amongst others.