Deadline: 30 June 2017
Are you an amateur or professional photographer? If yes, then use your skills to capture pictures that not only show but tell amazing stories and submit your photos to the #SkillsInAction Photo Competition!
Applications are open for Skills in Action Photo Competition that is organized as part of UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre’s activities in celebrating World Youth Skills Day this July 2017.
The goals of the award are to:
- Raise awareness on the benefits of TVET
- Promote TVET as a means to tackle global challenges such as poverty, youth unemployment and inequality
- Reward young people’s efforts to promote sustainable development in their communities by acquiring skills and putting them in practice
- allow UNESCO-UNEVOC to develop a Photo Library that can cater to the need of TVET stakeholders to promote technical and vocational education and training through various communication and publication projects.
Capture amazing moments when Youth Skills are in action, showing how Technical and vocational education and training (TVET) and skills development are contributing to one of the following:
- Encouraging youth employment and entrepreneurship – showing how youth are able to put skills acquired into practice, leading to securing jobs or starting their own businesses.
- Promoting equity and gender equality – showing how access to skills development should be for everyone and how skills development can overcome gender stereotypes and inequality issues
- Facilitating transition to sustainable economies and societies – showing how skills can adopt to cater for sustainable development and to address climate change and other sustainable development related issues
- The winners of the #SkillsInAction Photo Competition will win the following prizes:
- 1st Prize – Tablet + winner certificate
- 2nd Prize – Camera + winner certificate
- Finalist – Finalist Certificates
- A special Prize will be awarded to the most popular photo on Facebook.
- Winning photographs will also be featured on UNESCO-UNEVOC website and its social media platforms in line with the celebration of the #WYSD (World Youth Skills Day).
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old. They can either be a professional or amateur photographer.
- Applicants must be the sole proprietor or copyright holder of their photo entry/entries.
- All submitted photos should be with a title, a brief paragraph (not more than 100 words) explaining the photo, indicating also where and when it was taken, and a short biography introducing who applicants are.
- All photos submitted should be in jpeg format. The longer side should be at least 3,000 pixels. The entrants are allowed to digitally manipulate entries slightly and state the nature of manipulation. Please do not include any watermarks or borders in applicant’s photos.
How to Apply
Download and complete the Skills-in-Action Photo Competition submission form via given website.
For more information, please visit Skills in Action Photo Competition 2017.