The Ayurvedic system of medication is based on many centuries of experience in medical practice. Some 3,000 – 5,000 years ago Ayurvedic medicine originated in the early civilizations of India and Ayurvedic medicine the oldest surviving healing system in the world. Ayurveda is the science of life. The word Ayurveda is formed by the combination of two words – “Ayu” and “Veda”. “Ayu” means life and “Veda” means knowledge. According to Ayurveda Life is a combination of senses, mind, body and soul. Ayurveda is not only limited to body or physical symptoms but it also gives a comprehensive knowledge about spiritual, mental and social health. That is why Ayurveda is a qualitative, holistic science of health and longevity. Ayurveda is a system of healing the whole person, body and mind.
According to Ayurveda, all matters are thought to be composed of five basic elements – Earth , Water , Fire , Wind and Space .These elements interact and exists in combination, in which one or more elements dominate. The human body is composed of derivatives of these five basic elements.
The Three Humours are categorized into Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Vata is related to movement, Pitta is related to functions of heat, metabolism, and energy production and Kapha is related to physical structure and fluid balance. Thus in Ayurved, disease is viewed as a state of imbalance in one or more of these Three Humours and by the treatments they just want to establish the balance in these three Humours.
There are so many ways by which Ayurveda can heal and restore your natural balance and energy.
Most of us are very tense to maintain a good balance in life especially when it comes to family, health, and work. While unhealthy lifestyle can lead you towards of so many problems like acidity, indigestion, stress, and other lifestyle related illnesses, Ayurveda can help you to create harmony between the body, mind and spirit.
There are some tips for a healthy life:
- Drink hot water: the disease process starts Due to an irregular schedule, eating inappropriate food and dealing with the general stress of everyday life. Hot water is good for digestive system.
- Drink Lemon water first thing morning: Drink warm water with lemon is the first thing what you should have in the morning. Lemon is rich in Vitamin C and that encourages regularity which is crucial in keeping your digestive system free of toxic build- up. Ayurveda wants to keep things moving through the channels of your body. Lemon also holds vitamins and minerals that help release toxins in the digestive tract. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon into a cup of warm water.
- Keep your skin dry: when you are out of the house that time getting a little wet or sometimes getting drenched is not a big deal. However you don’t let your skin remain wet for a long time. It is important to keep your skin and feet dry and clean at all times. Because Damp skin is a breeding ground for fungal infections.
- Eat hot and fresh food: Don’t make your diet solely raw. You can have small salad as a side dish. However the food itself should be warm, seasoned with spices to aid digestion. Don’t drink large amounts of liquids during meals because it will dilute the digestive acids which will result in poor digestion and assimilation. You can drink warm ginger water that will be fine.
- According to ayurvedic physicians it is not good to watch TV for a long time at night and try to avoid any type of mental stress during this time. There should be at least 3 hours of gap between your meal and the time you go to bed and It is also advised to go to bed before 10 p.m.
- According to Ayurveda lunch must be the largest meal of the day since that is the time the digestive system is working at its maximum potency. The Dinner should be lighter than lunch and should ideally be eaten before 8:00 p.m. because of Late- night meals you can face sleep disorder and after 10:00 p.m. the body is working to burn off toxins and continue to digest food from the day.
- Ghee for Good Health: Ghee is known to enhance the pure quality of food. It is very beneficial and effective digestive aid. Milk of cow is considered to contain the essence of all the plants it eats and Ghee is the pure essence of this milk. According to Ayurveda ghee is good for the brain, increase intelligence and memory while it also enhance the aura softens organs, cools the body, builds internal bodily fluids and increases immunity.
- Night’s rest is beneficial for maintaining youthful skin. Best to have your last meal at least two hours before sleeping so you can digest and sleep. If you find it hard to fall asleep, try to sleep before 10 pm,