Deadline: 8 July 2016
The European Union is seeking proposals from organisations for a country based support scheme with an aim to increase and deepen civil society organisations engagement in human rights and democracy in Botswana.
- Civic education for 2019 first time voters on principles of democracy, participation, rights and responsibilities
- Improved access to and uptake of available government services for indigenous children, women and/or men by systematically addressing the under-utilization of such services; and
- The rights aspects of Sexual and Reproductive Health.
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 50,000 and EUR 113,000.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person or an entity without legal personality and
- be non-profit-making and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary and
- be able to demonstrate that they have regularly carried out activities in the field of human rights and democracy at least during the last two years at the time of submission of an application and
- be civil society organisations, including non-governmental non-profit organisations and independent political foundations, community-based organisations and private-sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations and networks thereof; or
- be international inter-governmental organisations, as defined by Article 43 of the Rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation, applying together with any other eligible applicant
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
- The lead applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s).
- Eligible applicants having a nationality other than that of Botswana must act together with at least one national organisation acting as a co-applicant or as an affiliate
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- concept notes
- full application
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.