- Eat first: When you consume alcohol it sits in your stomach while it waits to be processed. If you do not have food then the alcohol will process faster at one time. If you have food then the alcohol will enter your system more slowly and at a varied pace thus lessening the effects of alcohol immediately.
- Drink slowly: Drinking slowly will allow your body to process the alcohol over a period of time. Whereas if you inundate your body with alcohol then it will become more difficult to process.
- Choose your beverages carefully: Choose alcohols with fewer congeners substances that are also produced during the fermentation process which are less likely to cause a hangover. Especially Light – colored beers and white wine have fewer congeners than darker beers and harder liquors. Stay away from brandy, whisky and red wine. Usually Cheap boozes tend to give you a worse hang over. Your body expends more energy to process impurities left in the alcohol. Alcohols like vodka, gin, and white rum are good options if you want to consume alcohol.
- Drink plenty of water: Before you start drinking alcohol you have to Drink water throughout the day and drink water in between alcoholic beverages. Dehydration is one of the key causes of a hangover. If you have a high hang over then you have to drink plenty of water as well. You can lessen the effects of alcohol by drinking more water.
- Drink sports drinks: These isotonic sports drinks can quickly replenish the fluids in your body while these drinks add carbohydrates which are needed for energy and electrolytes to your body. Sports drinks can be good to ease an upset stomach too.
- Drink some orange juice:specifically Vitamin C helps replenish energy. The fructose found in many types of juices which will help you to replenish sugars in your body depleted in order to process the alcohol you have consumed. You can also try Tomato juice and coconut water but you have to stay away from caffeinated beverages like coffee because coffee will also dehydrate you.
- Drink Sprite:According to studies Sprite is one of the most effective ways at combating hang over effects. When you consume alcohol then the enzyme alcohol de hydrogenise is released by your liver. If this enzyme is in your system for longer period then it directly relates to the length of your hang over. Get rid of it quickly if you want to get over by this.
- Eat some eggs: Eggs are essential food stuff if you want to get rid of the hangover. They contain an amino acid which is also known as cysteine which is able to soak up the toxins which are introduced to your body by alcohol. Eat a few egg whites and after some time you will begin feeling back to normal. You can fry or scramble them because it does not matter that how you prepare your eggs as long as they are cooked. According to so many people drink a couple raw eggs to get rid of hang over which is a myth.
- Eat foods rich in potassium: when you drink heavily then your body is losing its potassium so you urinate more. Lower potassium levels lead to lethargy, nausea, and weakness. Bananas and kiwis are one of best sources of potassium. Leafy greens, baked potatoes, apricots, and mushrooms are also rich in potassium. Always try to have banana after you last drink to lessen the effects of alcohol.
- Zinc or swim: You can reduce alcohol’s effect on your immune system with heavy metal like zinc. According to studies heavy metals such as zinc found in oysters is very helpful to boost your immunity.
- Relaxing to Lessen Alcoholic Effects: This is the best way to get rid of Hangover which is best eliminated with time. Your body needs time to recover. Take a nap. This is the best way to get rid of that headache.
- Take a shower:A warm shower will raise your core temperature. A warmer temperature will prepare your body for sleep and this is the best way to get rid of that headache. If you want to stay alert while drunk so a cold shower can help wake you up.
- Eat some toast:Your first preference may be to eat a heavy food but do not do it. Eat something light like toast etc but contain sodium which is something your body needs to work properly and something that alcohol consumption tends to reduce.
- Eat soups rich with nutrients: Eat those soups which are rich in nutrients because they all contain many nutrients which your body needs to overcome a hangover and lessen the effects of alcohol. Sodium, cysteine and the re -hydrating power of water will definitely help you to get rid of hang over.