The Japan International Cooperation Agency works in order to meet the diverse needs of developing countries around the globe.
JICA’s vision is for inclusive and dynamic development. JICA aims to contribute to the promotion of international cooperation as well as the sound development of Japanese and global economy by supporting the socioeconomic development, recovery or economic stability of developing regions.
“Inclusive development” represents an approach to development that encourages all people to recognize the development issues they themselves face, participate in addressing them, and enjoy the fruits of such endeavors.
“Dynamic development” refers to the creation of self-reinforcing virtuous cycles of mid- to long-term economic growth and poverty reduction in a constantly changing environment of developing countries where a variety of issues arise simultaneously and get entangled each other.
- Addressing the global agenda
- Reducing poverty through equitable growth
- Improving governance
- Achieving human security
- Guiding Principles
- Achieving synergies of the merger
- Tackling complex, difficult issues flexibly with the field-based approach
- Fostering expertise for providing professional solutions
- Efficient and transparent operations