Deadline: 6 June 2016
The MasterCard Foundation is currently inviting applicants for its 2016 Clients at the Centre Prize, with an aim to provide a platform where they can demonstrate their client-centric practices and share their successes and experiences through practical, ‘real world’.
The 2016 Prize is looking for the world’s most impactful and sustainable financial service provider that puts “clients at the centre” of its thinking and operations for the benefit of poor people in developing countries.
The Prize consists of a US$150,000 award to expand or reinforce client-centric practices within the winning organisation.
The Prize is open to registered organisations operating anywhere in the world that provide financial products and services to low-income populations in developing countries. The following points further clarify eligibility:
- Eligible organisations must provide access to financial products and services, such as loans, savings, insurance, etc. The organisations could include: direct providers such as banks, microfinance institutions, and cooperatives, mobile network operators, as well as indirect providers such as leasing companies, agricultural input suppliers, and technology companies who offer innovative solutions to direct providers. In applications from this latter type of organisation, the partner(s) (i.e. a direct provider of financial services) must also be included in the application.
- Applicants must demonstrate a tangible impact on low-income populations that can be measured and reported.
- Applicants do not need to be registered or incorporated in one of the listed developing countries, but they must already operate and serve low-income populations in one of those countries. The application to the Prize must also describe how the organisation focuses its operations in these countries.
- Applications that target poor communities in developed countries are not eligible.
- Only organisations, not individuals, are eligible to apply for the Prize.
- Government ministries, departments or agencies are not eligible to apply for the
- Applicant organisations that entered the 2015 Prize competition are eligible to enter again. In addition, partners of The MasterCard Foundation are eligible to apply for the Prize.
How to Apply
Applicants must create an online account via given website.
For more information, please visit Clients at the Centre Prize.