Deadline: 16 June 2016
Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Medical Director in Kenya.
The Medical Director will provide oversight of clinical governance, to ensure the safe delivery of high quality medical services at The Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu and its outreach health facilities (collectively known as the Kisumu cluster).
AKDN’s mission is to improve the welfare and prospects of people in the developing world, particularly in Asia and Africa, without regard to faith, origin or gender.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Medical Director will perform the following functions-
- Ensure that patients have appropriate medical staff coverage.
- Provide oversight of medical governance.
- Actively lead and support the quality and patient safety agenda.
- Represent the hospital at professional forums, regulatory bodies and other healthcare organizations.
- Work closely with key stakeholders i.e., Nursing Director, Clinical heads of Departments, Heads of Finance and Human Resources.
- Participate in the organization’s strategic planning.
Applicants must have-
- Postgraduate degree in a medical specialty.
- Training and /or experience in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration is preferred.
- 10 years specialist medical practice.
- 5 years service as clinical lead (e.g. Department or Section Head).
- Excellent Communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit AKDN.