By: Joseph Roberts
When looking to break away from office monotony, engage in employee team building, treat your employees for a job well done or meet new clients, Naro Moru River Lodge is the place to be
In the shadow of Mt. Kenya’s majestic slopes 100metres from Mount Kenya National Park, within 32 km of Nanyuki Park, Nanyuki Show Ground, Nanyuki Sports Club and Sweetwaters Game Reserve lies Naro Moru River Lodge. It is situated on the equator between Nyeri and Nanyuki at an altitude of 1,982m (6,505ft). This exotic specialty lodge was created to enhance nature’s beauty with modern features. Just 2 ½ hour’s drive from the Kenya’s capital- Nairobi, with its Northern flanks across the Equator.
Naro Moru River Lodge is a unique Cabin Eco Lodge that is a perfect destination to offer different routes to the mountain’s majestic peaks, point Lenana, Batian and Nelion an enthralling adventure-wise as they are scenic
The lodge offers a range of accommodation including 36 rooms all set along the river bank with a clear view of Mt. Kenya, private bathroom and toilet, in addition to 5 self catering cottages, 5 country homes, bunk houses and campsite. It also offers accommodation facilities at our Teleki Camp: Met & Mackinder stations based in Mt. Kenya National Park.
Naro Moru River lodge is also one of the top ornithological sites in Kenya that is host to an exceptional variety of birdlife: crowned hornbill, Abyssinian ground thrush, Tacazze Sunbird, Montane White-eye, Black and White Manikin, silvery-cheeked hornbill, and the redfronted
parrot. Be among the first to experience high-flying magic. Along the way, expect to sight unique wildlife like the tree hyrax, black and white colobus monkeys, amongst other forest dependants.
The cosy rooms feature a mosquito net and a private bathroom with free toiletries. Extras include towels and linen. Some rooms offer a fireplace and a view of the mountain.
The Kirinyaga Restaurant offers a buffet and à la carte menu, and cuisines featured are continental and local. Naro Moru has 2 bars, the Point Lenana and the poolside bar, Batian.
With an array of activities, guests can explore the surrounds which offer hiking and fishing, or enjoy a game of tennis or squash.
This property is also rated for the best value in Naro Moru! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city.
Reasons to choose Naro Moru River Lodge
Prices you can’t beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
We speak your language!
Facilities of Naro Moru River Lodge
- Sun terrace
- BBQ facilities (Additional charge)
Pool and wellness
- Swimming pool
- Personal trainer
- Fitness classes
- Full body massage
- Hand massage
- Head massage
- Couples massage
- Foot massage
- Neck massage
- Back massage
- Shallow end
- Pool/beach towels
- Outdoor pool
- Massage (Additional charge)
- Sauna (Additional charge)
- Tennis equipment (Additional charge)
- Water sport facilities (on site)
- Entertainment staff
- Hiking (Additional charge)
- Bicycle rental (additional charge)
- Billiards (Additional charge)
- Children’s playground
- Fishing (Additional charge)
- Tennis court
Food & Drink
- Chocolate or cookies (Additional charge)
- Bottle of water (Additional charge)
- Kid meals (Additional charge)
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Free! WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
- Free! Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Accessible parking
- Secured parking
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Currency exchange
- 24-hour front desk
Entertainment and family services
- Children television networks
- Kids’ outdoor play equipment
- Shoeshine (Additional charge)
- Ironing service (Additional charge)
- Laundry (Additional charge)
- Fax/photocopying (Additional charge)
- Business centre (Additional charge)
- Meeting/banquet facilities (Additional charge)
- Shuttle service
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Shuttle service (additional charge)
- Designated smoking area
- Car hire
- Packed lunches
- Gift shop
- Bridal suite
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Newspapers (Additional charge)
- Room service
- Pets are not allowed.
What is around Naro Moru River Lodge
- Mount Kenya National Park (1-minute walk)
- Nanyuki Park
- Nanyuki Show Ground
- Nanyuki Sports Club
- Sweetwaters Game Reserve
- St. Peter’s Anglican Church
- Nyeri Golf Course
- Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
- Nanyuki (NYK) 43-min drive
- Nairobi (WIL-Wilson) 170-min drive