Deadline: 30 June 2016
Nominations are open for 2016 AGFUND International Prize by Arab Gulf Programme for Development (AGFUND) in the field of “Empowerment and Social Integration of Refugees and Internally Displaced people.
The AGFUND International Prize is inviting the UN, international and regional organizations, ministries and public institutions, NGOs, universities and research centers around the world.
- Support the distinguished efforts aiming at the promotion and development of the concepts and dimensions of human development.
- Disseminate the successful project experiences.
- Highlight the best practices, which aim to improve the living conditions of the poor and disadvantaged with particular emphasis on women and children.
- Enhance the exchange of experiences and develop better mechanisms to find solutions to the problems of poverty, marginalization and socioeconomic exclusion of vulnerable groups.
- Projects that are funded, designed and implemented by UN agencies or international and regional NGOs.
- Projects that are funded designed and implemented by national NGOs.
- Projects that are funded designed and implemented by government ministries and public agencies.
- Projects that are funded designed and implemented by individuals.
- Cash amount of US$ 500,000 (Five hundred thousand dollars) distributed as follows:
- First category: US$ 200,000
- Second category: US$ 150,000
- Third category: US$ 100,000
- Fourth category: US$ 50,000
- Certificate of Recognition and trophies given to all winning projects in all categories.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit AGFUND International Prize.