- The tourism and hospitality industry has received a boost following the launch of Kenya’s first five-star airport hotel, The Lazizi Premiere.
- President Uhuru Kenyatta officially opened the 144-room premium hotel today as part of the government’s tourism and hospitality transformation strategy.
- Conveniently positioned inside the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA), The Lazizi Premiere hotel is designed to be the best and most luxurious hotel in the area.
- Kitchen 9 – an all-day restaurant that serves a multi-cuisine buffets that can accommodate over 100 people
- Aroma – a round-the- clock coffee shop that offers a 24-hour menu
- Velocity Bar – a modern bespoke bar that offers world-class beverages
- Sky View Lounge – a contemporary lounge that caters for executives and airlines crew
- The Pool Deck – the rooftop poolside bar
Speaking at the launch, President Uhuru Kenyatta laid out the responsibility of the government in supporting tourism by saying, “Ours is to create infrastructure, we should make sure that the airport connects with the railway and the port to create the airport city, We are supposed to be facilitators and not impediments of development.”
Lazizi Premiere Chairman Mr. Kiran M. Patel said, “The entry of Lazizi Premiere Hotel into the Kenyan market seeks to complement the ever-increasing demand for hotel rooms in Nairobi especially during peak tourist seasons, local and international conferences.”
Mr. Patel added that the launch of Lazizi Premiere would tap into the 900,000 annual international arrivals, the government’s initiatives to promote the local hospitality industry and the conducive business environment in Kenya. “Our intention is not only to contribute significantly to the country’s growth and Vision 2030 but also to create over 1000 job opportunities in the hospitality industry, directly and indirectly,” said Mr. Patel.
Guests at The Lazizi Premiere Hotel will enjoy complementary airport transfers, usage
of a world-class swimming pool and fitness centre.