Deadline: 9 September 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Associate will ensure effective delivery of the CO programme by entering and managing data and supporting programme implementation throughout project cycle while remaining consistent with UNDP rules and regulations guided by the POPP.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Presentation of background information for formulation of country programme, draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Contribution to the interagency process of harmonization of programme and project management practices as a key instrument of further deepening UN Reform.
- Presentation of information for formulation of country programme work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements and execution modalities.
- Creation of projects in Atlas, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project awards and project status, determination of un-utilized funds, operational and financial close of projects.
- Provision of guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources.
- Proper control of the supporting documents for timely payments and financial reports for NEX/DEX projects.
- Review of NEX projects Financial Reports.
- Preparation of non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed.
- Drafting of timely, high quality official correspondence and meeting minutes.
- Planning and preparation of high quality conferences, meetings, and events to support the project initiation, running and closure processes.
- Effective liaison with partners regarding the implementation of the programme.
- Strengthened project management practices and application of UNDP’s rules, regulations, and policies as well as UN interagency agreements.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff and national counterparts on programme.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary Education preferably with specialized certification in Project Management, Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.