Deadline: 15 July 2016
The UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth is currently inviting applications for its Young Leaders for the Sustainable Development Goals. 17 young change-makers whose leadership is catalyzing the achievement of the Goals. From food to fashion to finance, the Young Leaders will come from many different backgrounds, represent every region in the world and help activate millions of young people in support of the Goals.
These Young Leaders will be recognized for their leadership and contribution to a more sustainable world. The Young Leaders will come together as a community to support efforts to engage young people in the realization of the SDGs both through strategic opportunities with the UN and through their existing initiatives, platforms and networks.
- Advocate for the Goals, in ways most accessible and relatable to young people across different contexts;
- Promote innovative ways of engaging their audiences and peers in the advocacy and realization of the Goals;
- Contribute to a brain trust of young leaders supporting the UN and partners for key moments and initiatives related to the Goals.
- Nominees must be between 18 and 30 years old (as of August 12, 2016).
- Successful candidates will be selected based on:
- Their demonstrated achievements in promoting and advancing sustainable development;
- The ability to command an audience, influence their contemporaries and inspire their constituents;
- Their personal influence within their respective fields and reputation for inclusive and innovative leadership;
- Their demonstrated integrity, commitment to the SDGs and core values of the UN.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via the given website.
For more information, please visit Young Leaders for the Sustainable Development Goal.