USAID (United States Agency for International Development) is the lead U.S. Government agency that works to end extreme global poverty and enable resilient, democratic societies to realize their potential.
USAID’s mission is to end extreme poverty and promote the development of resilient, democratic societies that are able to realize their potential.
USAID’s efforts directly enhance American—and global—security and prosperity.
- Investing in agricultural productivity so countries can feed their people
- Combating maternal and child mortality and deadly diseases like HIV, malaria and tuberculosis
- Providing life-saving assistance in the wake of disaster
- Promoting democracy, human rights and good governance around the world
- Fostering private sector development and sustainable economic growth
- Helping communities adapt to a changing environment
- Elevating the role of women and girls throughout all its work
- Passion for mission
- Commitment to learning
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Ending Extreme Poverty
- Environment and Global Climate Change
- Global Health
- Water and Sanitation
- Working in Crises and Conflict