Deadline: 22 April 2016
The Weeden Foundation is accepting letter of intents from organizations for its various funding programs in order to protect biodiversity. The Foundation works to protect old-growth forests, expand habitats for endangered species on public and private lands, and link key wildlife corridors.
Since its inception, the Weeden Foundation has supported international and domestic population stabilization projects based on the rationale that an increasing population causes impact on the environment and loss of biodiversity.
- Domestic Biodiversity Program
- International Biodiversity Program
- Land Acquisition Program
- Population Program
- Consumption Program
Application materials include:
- annual report with latest financial statements (preferably audited)
- list of Board of Directors and their affiliations
- e-mail address for the primary contact
- IRS tax exemption 501(c)(3) certification letter or an equivalency form for non-U.S.based organizations (available through the Foundation)
- project budget
- organizational budget
- other sources and amounts of institutional support (past, present, and anticipated future); and
- qualifications of key personnel
- The applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of enquiry electronically via email before presenting the complete proposal.
- Returning applicants (who received a grant the previous year) do not need to submit a letter of inquiry.
For more information, please visit Weeden Foundation.