Deadline: 30 June 2016
The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition, presented by Digital Experts United, Goi Peace Foundation and Stiftung Entrepreneurship, is currently inviting the participants from around the world, to submit their innovative ideas and projects with a societal impact, which champion and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is a global programme and an online platform, which supports the implementation of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The innovative ideas for an enterprise which contribute to the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) can be submitted:
- No Poverty – End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Zero Hunger – End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Good Health and Well-Being – Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Quality Education – Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Gender Equality – Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Clean Water and Sanitation – Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Affordable and Clean Energy – Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Decent Work and Economic Growth – Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure – Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Reduced Inequalities – Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Sustainable Cities and Communities – Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Responsible Consumption and Production – Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Climate Action – Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Life Below Water – Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Life on Land – Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions – Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- Partnerships for the Goals – Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
Prizes and Recognition
Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, 3rd Prize and People’s Choice Prize winners for the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition will be selected in each of the following two categories:
- Best Ideas Category: Innovative ideas and plans to be implemented (by the entrant or by others)
- Best Projects Category: Already existing enterprise which has demonstrated social impact
- Grand Prize winners and the People’s Choice Prize winners will receive a Gold Medal and a Certificate.
- Second Prize winners will receive a Silver Medal and a Certificate.
- Third Prize winners will receive a Bronze Medal and a Certificate.
- Finalists not chosen as prize winners will receive Honorable Mention.
- Entrepreneurship Campus Prize winners will receive a Certificate.
To be eligible applicants must be:
- between the ages of 15 and 35
- operating an enterprise, contributing towards the SDGs, in the form of a business, a non-profit organization or an informal program.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply by registering themselves through an online registration process.
For more information, please visit Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition.